Friday, November 11, 2005

The Secret Life of Shade the Dog

As you may imagine, my life has gotten very hectic. I spend my days making endless mental lists about what I need to do to decamp to the West Indies in a little less than two months. So yesterday, I did what distracted people do. I locked up my house with my car/house keys in it. I realized what I did right away. I could look in through my back window and SEE my keys sitting on the dining table.
And so I called the folks who had keys to the house to come and let me in, while my little dog repeated poked her nose out the dog door to see what the heck I was doing. Getting no one, I left messages and walked to the free wi-fi friendly cafe 6 blocks away.

When I came back an hour or so latter, I noticed some dog on my block was barking incessantly and I though “Thank god Shade isn’t a barker” yet the closer I got the more that dog sounded like Shade. I walked up the driveway and peaked in at her through a gap in the fence and She was sitting on the couch on the back porch with her front half propped up on a bolster barking her little fool head off. When I walked in though the gate she looked up at me and instead of greeting me as she usually does.. ran inside the house and hid under the couch.
My dog—she has a secret life as a badass barker that I never knew about.

1 Comments:

At 11:46 PM, Blogger Anne said...

Hahahha that made me laugh! Would the situation change for Shade if you buy him a shade for pets?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home