Friday, March 24, 2006

Deanna & Me


This is a very nice photo of Dr. Deanna Martin and myself on the balcony of the SGU student center. Deanna is the person who developed Supplemental Instruction a few years ago at UMKC. Si was the program I began at SFCC. I met Deanna at a conference a couple of years ago at an International SI conference in Boston and she is the person who recomended that I check out SGU. I saw her the other day in the supermarket-- her husband is on the academic board here and they are both helping out in the learning center here which is a little short staffed-- and thanked her for her recomendation. She subsequently hired me to help her learn how to use her new apple laptop (she is a very quick study) and we have bonded over our mutual left leaning politics, love for the daily show and requirement for high thread count 100% cotton sheets.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home