Thursday, December 14, 2006

Well at least when I start typing this it is 4:45 am. In finals study mode and procrastinating you may ask?.. no not exactly. I took my last big final yesterday, came home and slept for 2 hours went home for dinner and crashed at 9. I think I am all slept out. I have the BSCE today, and end of your first term survey exam that is almost impossible to study for .. and I am too burnt out to care. I don’t think anyone studies for this exam… and I think more than a few folks will be filling in nice little Christmas tress on their scantron form.

Once again I am a straight B student, and for the second term in a row I kind of tanked the last exam I took.. and I am trying to stay with the bemused former academic professional part of myself on that one rather than the competitive medical student. Why did I tank that exam? probably because I was tired and stressed and had a high enough grade in that class that I wasn’t at all scared when I took the exam and so I most likely read the questions too fast, answered too fast. The funny thing is that I did the exact same thing on my last exam last term as well. Tutor, tutor thy self. Oh well. Bs are good. I have friends who were worried about just passing and I know at least one of them did. My friend Peggy, the bravest human being on earth because she is attempting Med school as a single Mom with a 15 month old, still has to take her final exam in anatomy and I am hoping to wake up enough to go through some exams with her today. But not until I have spent a few hours on the beach.

Larissa arrives in a week and a day and Mom and Magda arrive in two weeks. I find that I am looking forward to my Caribbean vacation more and more. I do have that strange kind of post term hangover, that sense of gee, what in the hell do I do now? My friend Christine and I went out for what passes for sushi here on the island last night. I think I’ll probably go out tonight as well. More interesting and fun posts about Grenada to follow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home