Saturday, May 26, 2007

Yes I am still breathing

A little of a rough week, just feeling overwhelmed. But the general silence is indicative of me just studying my little hinny off. The actual effect on my posterior is the opposite but... :-)

Lets see. Fourth term continues to be the 8 to 5 show in classes and labs most days... and trying to convince myself I am not too blistered to study at night. The fabulous Peggy and Molly both have birthdays this weekend and I went to a nice beach side picnic with the girls to celebrate with Peggy. There was wine and pizza and a sunset we all missed because we were chatting too much. And then my Italian men friends Lenny and Chris continued with their quest to prove who makes the best stuffed artichoke(Lenny's involves lots of breadcrumbs, Chris's involves parm and bacon). Tonight I have a very (not) sexy study threesome set up to got through nutrition notes and tomorrow night we are off to the Grand Beach resort to celebrate Molly's birthday. Today I am deep in renal notes.. tubular necrosis etc...

I am back for my whirlwind summer tour of the states on June 24. Natalie and I are tag teaming our dog transport and as a result I will be spending 5 days in Miami. Then I fly back to New Mexico, visit with folks there for a few days before heading off to California, both north and south, where I will spend most of July. Then I head east, stopping in Detroit and New York to check out clinical centers as I will need to choose where I end up by September. I also hope to visit with the east coast family and friends while I am there. Further updates to follow but will be diving into exam mode again soon so no promises.

3 Comments:

At 3:09 PM, Blogger Alicia said...

I will look forward to seeing you in July! Hang in there!

 
At 3:16 PM, Blogger Larissa said...

Glad you guys take a moment now and again to celebrate something other than finishing exams.

 
At 1:30 PM, Blogger The Contessa said...

Oh, how I miss you! Give my love to the girls (and little Ian) and Happy Birthday hugs to Peggy & Molly! Hang in there and I'll see you soon(ish).

Love & hugs.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home