Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Me and My peeps go to Dallas to study for the USMLE




What is it like to drive 2000 miles to live in a hotel in a strange city for 6 weeks with your dog and study for an exam......   Here are some selected images  and memories.

Feeling less than enthusiastic about the hotel that was next to a freeway and down the road from condoms togo and a head shop...

Awesome dim sum with John and Amber

The epic journey to the grassy knoll with Candie and the peeps...







Tossing the Frisbee in the parking lot during breaks.

Chicken friend steak and other white food for lunch

The joy of whole foods

Spending every evening dictating my notes into my computer, spending 7 hours a day in lecture, and getting up at 5 to listen to my tapes again.. then studying all day on the days off.

Hanging out at breaks with Shade and tiffany.

The cold that never seemed to leave the crowded classroom

Talking politics with Ara and Sylvester

Discovering that the SGU folks really were the best and the brightest....

The best professors so far in my medical educations including....

"why do they write such twisted convoluted questions? Because if they could communicate normally they would be real doctors working with patients instead of bitter professionals with enough time to write national board review questions..."

The low ceilinged cramped ball room/ teaching facility with no stage for the professors that was small enough that a fellow classmate who sat in the front row told me she felt like telling one of our instructors to "get your old man penis out of my face..."

"I am bipolar.. I go off my medication every time I teach.. hypomania has its uses...."

Seven weeks....  and then I came back and it got worse..

Just studied all the time.  Told my friends not to call..  But the good news is I got a really really good score.   I was with good people.  We all worked hard got the job done.  I am looking forward to NJ... to living in my own place instead of a hotel room.  And to seeing these folks again

1 Comments:

At 11:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rock on with your bad-ass self!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home