Saturday, January 28, 2006

Crazy Ivan





I had a request for more photos of "town" and I must confess that I haven't been to town yet but have spent most of my time shuttling between campus and the four or five blocks around the dorms around campus-- which includes two mini malls, a grocery store, several niceish restaurants and as I have said.. a damn fine beach. But I took my camera with me on my bus ride to school the other day. The first photo is a busy-ish inland intersection. The second is a large building next to the Grand Anse trade center that was obviously hit by Ivan. Ivan struck.. a year and a half or maybe two years ago and removed the rooftops of 90 % of the buildings in Grenada. The island is still rebuilding, and the evidence of the destruction is still everywhere.

1 Comments:

At 8:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sa, sa, sa, sa, sa, sa, (that's to make up for the high ratio of sarahs you've been hearing). Now, on to a previous discussion about the pronunciation of green bottle of goo -- I think i prefer the french pronunciation, squay-ZAY'

 

Post a Comment

<< Home