Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Swimming in the rain

Today was a very full day. Anatomy lab 8-10, ethics small group discussion 10- 12 anatomy lecture 1 - 3, clinical skills lecture 3 -4 and embryology 4-5.

Anatomy lab was very cool. There was a very nice prosection of the axilla and I got to dissect down to the transverse processes of the spine and see the whole structure in situ.. that is I got a really nice view of someone's spine. The ratio of instructors to students in phenominal.. I'd say 1 MD or PhD anatomist for every 5 to 8 students. So we get a lot of support during lab time.

The Ethics discussion was also very good.. they have us thinking about access, consent and end of life issues already-- and applying it to what we are doing now as students.. so a good day but a long day-- and it was raining when I got back "home" but my roommate Nicole was up for a swim so we went out and did mellow laps up and down the beach in the rain for about 20 minutes. It was really nice actually-- it felt a little cold getting in.. but mostly it was pleasant to have the rain falling on my face.. until it started raining so hard that it began to sting. But I have earned my dinner at least-- and will walk in the rain to the Chinese take out place across the street.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home