Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Shape of the days

Lest there are those among you who are getting too jealous of all my Caribbean pictures, let me assure you that this is medical school.

I have 4 hours of lecture every afternoon, spread out over 5 classes, five days a week, and - 2 hour labs two mornings a week. And I feel like there is just not going to be enough time. I could spend an hour or two a day reviewing in the anatomy lab alone, never mind histoology, never mind keeping up with anatomy, histology, biochemistry, immunology and clinical skills classes. I got up at five, was at the books by 5:20.. on campus by 7:45 to meet a study partner, Histo lab at 10-11:30, study skills workshop 12-12:45, lecture from 1 to 4:30 (we skipped a pee break woo hoo got out early) Now I am back home. Surf is a little rough for my afternoon swim and I am not as overheated as I usually am at this time of day so I have a small window.. go to the phone store to figure out voice mail? the computer store to find a headset for VOIP? Back up my lap top? Or study before dinner, then dinner then study after dinner. Well, I will study after dinner in any case.. But that friends is the day.

But the science the work what I am studying all just so so incredibly cool and fascinating that the real frustration is not having the time I want to really get into the subjects.

The histology prof is a hoot. From New York.. most definitely... says things like "There are many slides I would hang on my wall as art, but for my money, you gotta love the prostate gland.. look at this puppy, its butte!"

Very Very smart man, very good lecturer.. can hold the student's attention during hours three and four, and that is no small feat.

Backing up the computer is calling.. Ciao for now

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home