Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Here's the ting

This morning I got off to a little bit of a rough start. I had really hoped that the pain and congestion of my ear infection would disappear overnight and it didn’t. What I got was a gastrointestinal upset that is a common side effect of the antibiotics I am taking. Still I was on campus early and reviewed some histology before histo lab. Histo lab was great, we work in teams of about a dozen students and a clinical tutor (read post doc) takes you through slides of lecture material distilling done the material to the bone and asking bunches of question. It is a great learning technique and always resorts lecture for me into a digestible form. It especially nice since our class is about 350 persons strong to get to work in small groups like this, not an uncommon experience at Saint George thank god.

Pressure is mounting. I already have one friend and classmate who dropped down to the decelerated program-- taking only anatomy and embryology this semester and taking “first term: biochem and histology next. I feel like I am still playing catch-up and not quite on my game, but I have kicked up the study to leisure ratio. Basically I study until I catch my brain making stupid mistakes then I rest. I was on the porch with my anatomy notes by 5:30 this morning.

Lunch today is a barbecue chicken sub and a ting-- a Grenadian grapefruit soda that is making my tummy very happy. Only 4 hours of lecture to go before I can hit the books again. Yeah!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home