Monday, March 27, 2006

Status Quo



The photo is of the balcony at the student center... I study there when it is not toooo noisy/crowded/hot. The photos doesn't seem to be loading very fast but if I can I'll also post the picture of the SGU kitty who makes her living begging for scraps on the porch, she is very pretty and I hear the vet school has a spay capture and release program for the onb campus kitties. So finals are far enough away for the stress level to be relatively non existant. We are getting into the much dreaded head and neck in anatomy, but so far it looks to be more interesting than scary. The visiting anatomy lecuturer de jour (we have 7 regular anatomy faculty and one or two visiting anatomy profs at a time) gave an really interesting lecture on art and anatomy. It seems like Michael Angelo used male models and just plop plop stuck some breasties on. Oh well, I guess it pretty well known that he prefered the male form anyway and his male forms are spot on.

I have started the house hunt, and although it will be nice to get into an apartment for about the same amount I am paying for a dorm, I will definitely miss the beach. My dear new friends Drs. Deanna Martin and Robert Blanc took me out to the university club to have a stunningly good meal on friday. Students aren't allowed to go unless accompanied by a faculty member or other high mucky muck so I feel very privledged. And the conversation was great too... They have wonderful stories about a lifetime spent in accademic support, Supplemental Instruction, and the good, bad old days at SGU-- Including stories about the intervention which should be its own post.

Post cards keep coming and I must say I love it! They really help on those days when I have to explain the I am a buddhist or reference one of my former professions. My major (Only? one of the few?) dissatisfaction about being here continues to be that I miss you guys, my old friends and family that know me best.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home