Thursday, May 18, 2006

Week on the beach

It has been a low key week. Currently I am standing under the awning of the beach side food concession next to my dorm. It is quiet, most of the first termers have left—but the Internet is good here and I am attempting to download the most recent episodes of lost and alias so I can watch them as I pack.

The sun set, and hid behind one of the few clouds on the horizon as it did so. I am beginning to pull in upon myself a bit.. pull away from the folks I have been hanging out with here and pull toward friends and family back home I will see starting Sunday. I tried to back out of a viewing the turtle breeding expedition to the north of the island tonight , but the trip fell through anyway and I am exceptionally glad to be sitting here on this beach feeling the breeze. For better or worse my little old rundown room and this stretch of beach feels like home and I find myself reluctant to leave it in many ways. I am going to a Giants game a week from Friday and I haven’t put on as much as a sweater since the 11th of January. It has been so nice to spend time on Grand Anse this week rather than glance back at it as I ride the bus to school. And good to have some quiet days. Very good.

2 Comments:

At 3:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey friend, sorry we'll miss each other this time that you're on the east coast. I do want to come out this winter...keep the pressure on!

 
At 4:08 AM, Blogger The Contessa said...

I do wish I could've been there with you. Ahh, Grand Anse--what fond memories I have! Perhaps I can make the trip over for your next bday. It'll be the 13th anniversary of our oh-so-memorable Grenadian adventure! Wow!

Well, it was wonderful to see you yesterday, even for a few hours. (Sorry I was so damn sleepy!) I'll talk to you soon. Hugs to you. Love, me

 

Post a Comment

<< Home