Monday, September 18, 2006

Morning

It is almost 5:30. My eyes opened at 4:59 so I was awake and aware when the alarm went off at 5:00 instead of pushing the snooze until it no longer functioned.

Yesterday I studied for a greater part of the day, taking breaks to eat, take shade for a short walk at noon, and spending about an hour saying goodbye to Deanna and Blanc who are headed back to the states.

I took two formative quizzes one in neuro-anatomy and one in physio and got about a 65% on each. It was pretty demoralizing since they were open book. I have the answers and can retake them for full points but the feeling is inadequacy is hard to shake. AI got intimate last night with a loaf of raisin brain—which makes excellent cinnamon toast, and a hefty glass of Irish whiskey. But it is onward and upward today; and three weeks until my first midterm, and there really isn’t any point to being up this early except to study. But I like listening to the rain, listening to the birds wake up and imagining a winder world than the cocoon of my little whitewashed apartment I have hidden myself in for the 24 hours.

1 Comments:

At 8:27 PM, Blogger Larissa said...

If it makes you feel any better, I recieved a 43% once - and that one couldn't be made up!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home