Monday, November 06, 2006

Stuff that doesn’t necessarily suck..


The immuno didn’t feel like it went as well as I had hoped, but I feel good about what I did know about on it and the kind of problem solving skills I used. There was a lot more minute detail memorization than I expected (which receptor makes you crazy in the head CXCR5 CCL2 CD3 or the who the fuck cares about the third alternate name because if you aren’t doing research on it you need to be double checking those receptor names anyway) since this was supposed to be the exam that covered clinical material. The end message is I have a good functional background in immuno know and I know how to apply it.


And it is November. And I did spend my afternoon by the pool gossiping with friends and drinking wine spritzers. And the view from the pool was this one. SO life doesn’t precisely suck.

3 Comments:

At 4:14 AM, Blogger The Contessa said...

Living where I do, I really can't complain. I mean, it was warm & sunny today, and I drove by the beach this afternoon and it was bee-yoo-tiful! And I was thinking to myself, "Self, you've got it pretty darn good living here on the West Coast." But let me tell you, I will not complain one bit about leaving here to visit you in the Caribbean, my friend. No siree, that photo brought it all back and I can't wait! (Tropical weather and beautiful beaches aside, I can't wait to see YOU!)

Hang in there, my dear, I am so proud of you!

 
At 7:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

They make you memorize waltzes? No, seriously, your mental capacity continues to astound me, but it's nice to know some things don't change.

 
At 2:09 PM, Blogger The Contessa said...

Very funny, Syl--I chuckled aloud. ;) Yes, I had to go back and re-read the post to get what you were referring to, but once I did, I had a good chuckle.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home