Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Airport Fun


I delivered the last of my friends to the airport today, the less enlightened of whom mistakenly believe that I will be suffering here because of my decision not to go back to the states for the three week holiday. This is actually the first night in a week that I haven’t had plans to go out and it is a welcome luxury to be home and to be watching old Star Treks on TV. In fact I have been home so little that my faithful four legged companion has been acting out. She has been getting in the garbage and leaving me unwanted deposits around the apartment. Thank god for tile floors. Tomorrow I think we will spend the day on Shade time.

Perhaps because they pitied me, I have received the entire contents of many departing students freezers, as those folks who live on campus have to empty out their fridges before they go. The result is pictured at left. I seem to be the odd person out at SGU: everyone else seems to have a boundless love for frozen broccoli that they have passed on to me. And pre-shredded cheese.

Peggy went home today toting three bottles of rum and six packages of cock soup mix ("Always a great Christmas gift!" she volunteer cheerfully); in fact I think I just heard the air Jamaica flight rumble over the apartment. My car has a strange electrical problem, and not only has Peggy loaned me her car in her absence but her mechanic is chasing down every little niggling problem that I have had with my car from the get go saying, “don’t worry, it won’t be too much and you can pay me when you have the money” A good reliable mechanic is a thing of beauty in any country and I think I have found one. Peggy and I have been going for long morning walks, I’ll miss her and Ian’s company as I work my way around Lance aux Epines tomorrow morning. But she and everyone else will be heading back in a little over two weeks.. time flies when there are no classes.

Tomorrow? I have a rare luxury. No plans. But I do have several good books, a small dog and many beautiful beaches to choose from. And of course, a near endless supply of frozen Broccoli.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home