Saturday, November 10, 2007

Long time no post, again



Yup was studying for another round of exams. They went fine. My dashboard widget tells me I have 37 days left on the island. It does feel a smidge like I have been living in a episode of lost. It has been raining a lot here and I have been holed up in my room watching videos and thinking about the fact that I don't have any winter socks, or shoes, or clothes that fit since thank god I have lost weight since coming here. Mostly it is the socks though. I am a little worried about the sock thing. I have had the Ac up high enough that I need a sweater. I have been drinking lots of tea. I think I have been practicing for a season that is not summer.

I am feeling strange about repatriating, enjoying my last days here at the grand view ( that's my place top floor and 4 balconies in) I have been looking for sublets in Manhattan where I will be taking a USMLE prep course this winter and it seems as bizarre and surreal a concept to me that I will be living on that island as moving to this island ever did. I will have some tentative news about where my clinical placement will be for my third year of medical school in early December, although it is my understanding that nothing is for certain until I walk through the hospital doors. My clinical rotations should start around June 1st 2008.
And as everyone said I can't believe how quickly it all has gone. If you are doing your math you will note that I will have a couple of months off between taking my board exams the first week of March and starting clinical roations in the first week of June. I would be perfectly content to spend that time visiting my far flung friends should my little dog and I be invited for a visit. So if you would like to see me this spring, invite me around and I may just show up.

2 Comments:

At 8:33 PM, Blogger Larissa said...

you're welcome in jersey. we actually have a spare bedroom (just don't mind the bare drywall, lack of trim - be glad there's a bed and a door, damnit!). the babe isn't too loud at night...

 
At 3:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

SaBob, I would be thrilled to see you and shade. Me and Rubio are in the usual abode in Dolores and you haven't missed a thing. RaeBob

 

Post a Comment

<< Home