Monday, August 20, 2007

Part of What I wrote to Kristi

But perhaps interesting to all ?!.......

What is new is the new place. I have moved back to the Grand Anse area into a hotel where a lot of my friends live. I have a studio.. a hotel room with a small kitchen but I do overlook the lovely Caribbean. I am sitting on a friend's porch at the moment, stealing wireless because he has a direct line of sight to a local hotel that has a unprotected network.
The place is smaller than my old one, but the location is much nicer.. 5 minute walk to the beach and an ocean view from my room.. Less isolated too, I know all my neighbors. And a pool The pool is quite lovely, even if a rat drowned in it the other day. (It was fished out and extra chlorine added... all is well)

I am having a hard time kick starting my semester. Generally the teaching faculty seems much better, the pathology department was just awful, but pathphysiology seems much better (I have no idea why they split it like that). Pharmacology group this am was great.

Shade seems to be doing fine at my Mom's although the second chemo hit her harder, she didn't eat for a day. I am and am not looking forward to going back to the states.. I have built up quite a nice support network of friends here and we are all going to be cast to the four winds... ANd I will be doing my Kaplan cource in NYC starting in January.. somehow finding a place for me and my little chemo dog. Then, if I am on schedule, I will take step one around the middle of March and start clinical the middle of April. Intellectually I know I'll be fine. But this rainy evening it just feels like too much big scary change. I certainly have worked through several levels of desire to see new things and meet new people and live new places. I am hungry for something I can call a home.

1 Comments:

At 4:55 PM, Blogger Larissa said...

I'm so excited to know you'll be in NYC this winter! The babe and I should have some sort of routine down by then, and I'll be off work all of January. So whenever you need some distraction or an escape from the city...
I'll keep an ear out for housing ops for you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home